White Oak Dog Sled Race 2014
Download the Official Race Times Here!
Join The White Oak Society, March 1st 2014, in a celebration of winter, history, and canine companions!
There will be two races featured this year. The first is an 18 mile sprint race up to the famous Gosh Dam Place. The second race will send mushers approx 40 miles round trip from the Fur Post to the Itasca County Fairgrounds, then a 2-hr layover, and then back again.
Total Race Purse: $3000
Prizes for the 18 mile race will include:
|“Alaskan Husky Class”
||“Big Dog Class”
Prizes for the 40 mile race:
- 1st place: $500 + $250 French Canadian Capote (wool coat)
- 2nd place: $200
- 3rd place: $100
All Races feature a Hand-Etched “Red Lantern” for last place.
- Gift certificate to Steger Mukluks
- Insulated ice-fishing jacket
- Brandenburg Gallery framed print
- Many Other Items!
- White Oak Dog Sled Race 2014 – Official Musher List
- KAXE Radio Interview
- Race Vets
- Check out our White Oak Sled Dog Race Photo Gallery for a look at some great photos from past events.
- Meet some of the local area mushers.